Tuesday 8 October 2013

My Secert Hideout

When I started my career as a freelancer, the first issue I had was working space. Having your office in the bedroom was never a wise choice, the bed is often calling you to be with it. Waking up in the morning is a struggle, afternoon naps could last for hours and working late into the night affects the other half who is sharing my bedroom with me.

Located along Bukit Merah Central, City College//SODE created an incubation lab for start-ups that are looking for collaboration and doesn't mind sharing the space. I was invited by them a few months back and decided to take up the space since September 2013.

The location of the place is just few minutes away from CBD area. The ease of transportation is also available via buses going to Orchard, Chinatown, City Hall, Raffles and Tanjong Pagar :)

The location even reaches to places like Science Park Drive & Maple Tree along Alexandra Rd in just minutes!! So many times, I just frown in heart when my clients wanted to meet me at Science Park. (I use to think that it is at Jurong area)

Bus services available to reach Spring S'pore Bldg

With just $300 per month, we were entitled to a 24 hours - biometric secured working space with these features as well:
- Air Conditioning
- High speed wifi Internet access
- Meeting Space
- Photocopying, scanning and printing

- Mailing address

Here are some of the photos I took without any colour correction or effects.



Entrance being invited by a plant and rack of magazine  

 Simple sofa for awaiting visitors (But, I spend most of my afternoon nap here)

 
The runway



My workspace


Meeting Area + White Board and Markers (VERY IMPORTANT***)

Print & Copy


Ending my day, I always look forward in seeing the sun gradually set down from the office window view. Jim (one of the in-charge) suggest installing bar table and stools along the window. Imagine, ending off the day with your client close the deal over the horizon and accompanied with a few cold beers :) Sure to return and close another deal with you.

Sun goes down...

 
SODE-Incubation Lab Info:
Address : 2 Bukit Merah Central, #20-00 Singapore 159835
Tel : 6511-6833 (Jeremy Lee)

Fax : 6511-6844

No comments:

Post a Comment